Thursday, December 15, 2011

Wrappin'

Let's play a game. Can you spy what is different with my tree since the last time I shared a picture of it?
Did I hear presents? 123 blogger points to you!


When I receive a beautifully wrapped gift, I am in awe. I love gifts that are wrapped with such attention to detail and thought. My gifts, however, typically get hastily wrapped the night before Christmas with whatever paper I can find. Birthday balloons, pink foil, ladybugs . . . it's all fair game. So this year I decided to step it up.


Keep in mind that nothing I am sharing is going to be great - or probably even good. It's just a step up for me and if I keep making small steps, maybe one year my presents will be pretty too. That's what I'm hoping at least.


So first I decided to start with pretty paper. I ended up choosing 3 rolls from Lowes (shocker).
As I've said many times before, I enjoy traditional patterns and decorating with reds and greens -  so it should be no surprise that I chose plaid, shiny red foil, and ivy leaves with holly berries. 


But my stepped up Christmas presents couldn't be given without a little jazz. It'd be like putting on a fancy dress and forgetting your pearls. If you're June Cleaver that is.


So I made some gift tags. I haven't attached them to the gifts yet because i'm worried they'll get crumpled under the tree, so imagine them tied with twine to get the full effect.


I got the idea for these tags from none other than pinterest of course. They're made with green paint swatches from Lowes (shocker again). Then I punched a present and glued that onto the tree and added a tree trunk. Simple. Easy. Lemon squeezy.



Then I made a couple more gift tags by simply punching out a snowman and stamping either "tis the season" or "noel". Festive and fun.

So how are you wrapping your presents this year? Are you tying intricate bows or making beautiful gift tags? Any tips on how to tie the gift tags so they don't fall off in transport?

20 comments:

  1. I LOVE the gift tags! Super cute!

    I just throw stuff together too. It will be happening this year yet again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Brandi - Thanks!! I am seriously so excited for your wreath too. Yesterday I ran to the door when I heard our mail lady coming. Hahah :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those tree tags are the cutest things I have ever seen. What a fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Amy - Thankss! I owe it all to pinterest ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love the trees!! I may be making a trip to Lowe's for gift tags in the future! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Ashely - Thanks!!! After I made the trees, I was thinking different colored balloons would be fun for birthday presents! I may just have to grab a few swatches every time I go to Lowes :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sent the wreath though Fedex on Tuesday, so I would you'd get it today! Let me know if you don't and I'll try to look into it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love wrapping up pretty presents for people! You just inspired me to pay closer attention to the tag I put on it. Sooo very cute! I love how they turned out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the tags! I like to make sure my gifts are wrapped nicely. I'm doing some wrapping this weekend and will post about it on Monday. I always tie the tag around ribbon on the gift. That way they stay put.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always have grand plans to have coordinated papers with homemade tags and beautiful bows. It's yet to happen. Yours looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Regan-this is totally off topic of this post, but I just wanted to give you a heads up that I'm using a quote from you on our blog post tomorrow. It is from your nativity scene post. I hope its ok! :-) I just love what you said about the nativity and I want others to hear it too. I linked you, off course!
    -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ Katie - You're too sweet. Quote away! :) Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks great. I will definitely be digging through my closet today using all sorts of mis-matched papers and bows to wrap mine. Maybe some year I will splurge and vamp things up a bit. I love your idea for the gift tags.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am the worst at wrapping present, like the worst! I get so frustrated because something doesn't fold right, or the paper rips. It seriously looks like a three year old wrapped my presents, actually a tree year old could probably do a better job! :p

    I'm going to shoot for next year to step-up my wrapping skills, since mine are already wrapped and under the tree.

    I love your tags and trees - really, really cute and your tags look store bought :) which is great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tee hee, my tags are just basic cut paper of the same swatch of wrapping paper. My goal this year is to get boxes for some of my gifts. Otherwise, lots of limp clothes in paper. I love cute presents but I think I'll save those for birthdays or other times when it's not the same volume as Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. haha one year my little sister wrapped her presents in Wal-Mart bags. Not her finest moment. :P This year, we're going to use up the mismatched wrapping paper that will not die, and then I'm going to stick with solids...that way, I can use it year-round. It seems that whenever I need to wrap a birthday present or something all I can find is snowman paper. :)

    I also love the paint chip tags!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How cute! I love the little snowmen =)
    This year I was feeling lazy so I purchased those cheap stickers tags to label the gifts. Maybe I should collect some green paint chips for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your paint chip tags! It is tradition in my family to stay up late Christmas eve wrapping presents and drinking Baileys. It always makes for fun!

    ReplyDelete